Meet Our Providers
SkinCare Physicians of Fairfield County is under the leadership of Dr. Gail Whitman. Dr. Whitman guides a team of administrative staff members, medical assistants and aestheticians, all of whom are committed to providing the highest quality care to families from Stratford, Norwalk and the surrounding Connecticut areas.
GAIL B. WHITMAN, MD – DERMATOLOGIST & FOUNDER, SKINCARE PHYSICIANS
Dr. Gail Whitman is a board-certified dermatologist who has been practicing in the state of Connecticut for more than 15 years. Dr. Whitman completed her residencies in pediatrics at the Overlook Hospital in New Jersey and dermatology at the prestigious and world-renowned Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. Dr. Whitman specializes in a wide range of dermatological and cosmetic services including Botox, filler injections (Juvederm and Restylane), Latisse (lash improvement), acne treatment, leg and spider vein treatment, skin checks and cancer detection.
Dr. Whitman’s mission is to provide the best possible care for her patients in an environment where they feel comfortable and at home.
New York, NY
New Jersey Medical School
American Board of Dermatology
Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
Fairfield County Medical Association
Connecticut State Medical Society
Outside of work, Dr. Whitman enjoys donating her time to providing care to patients and communities with a need for medical care including:
Builders Beyond Borders Norwalk, CT
Board Member/Advisor 2009-Present
- Attends monthly meetings to discuss strategic planning for the long-term sustainability of the organization, budgetary issues, fundraising and outreach to the community
- Is a donor of record annually
- Has traveled with high school students as an advisor to Ecuador, Nicaragua, Guyana and the Dominican Republic to participate in building projects
- Administers inoculations to students prior to travel
- Manages medical problems on the project trips
- Participates in local community service projects throughout the year
Camp Liberty – American Academy of Dermatology
Volunteer/Dermatologist Summer 2013-Present
- Cared for campers who have severe skin conditions and made them feel comfortable and accepted
- Performed dressing changes for campers with severe cases of epidermolysis bullosa
- Participated with campers in various activities from swimming to arts and crafts
- Working with camp directors to help plan activities for next summer
Passion to Heal Medicis Masai Mara, Kenya
Volunteer September 2013
- Cared for patients in the Baraka Health Center who normally have limited access to dermatological care
- Diagnosed and treated various dermatology conditions endemic to the area
- Visited schools and gave deworming treatments, skin checks, and fluoride treatments
Member of the Humane Society
Member of OPIN – Outreach for Pets in Need
Michael A. Jacobson, MD
Michael A. Jacobson, M.D. is a Board Certified Dermatologist and a fellowship trained Mohs Surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer. Dr. Jacobson has performed thousands of cases of Mohs surgery and reconstruction for many types of skin cancer. He is a member of the American College of Mohs Surgery. Dr. Jacobson takes pride in making sure you understand your skin cancer diagnosis and treatment options.
Denise Gallo, APRN
Denise Gallo, APRN is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner, who specializes in Dermatology, with years of experience treating a wide variety of dermatological conditions. Denise is equally proficient in cosmetic dermatology including Botox, Juvederm and peels. She is a member of the Dermatology Nurse Association and attends the American Academy of Dermatology annual meetings. In her spare time Denise has generously given of her time doing volunteer work at clinics in Kenya. We are proud to welcome her to the SkinCare family.
Schedule a Skin Care Consultation Today
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Whitman, please call our office at 203-847-2400 for the Norwalk office or 203-375-8200 for the Stratford office. We look forward to hearing from you.